IIS CERT provides assessment services in the field of the European rail interoperability directive (2008/57 / EC) and in the field of national legislation both as a Notified Body and as Independent Safety Assessor (ISA).
As a Notified Body (NB 0475) for the rail interoperability directives the assessment of conformity of the following subsystems are carried out:
- rolling stock (locomotives, passenger and freight wagons)
- control, command and signaling systems (ground and onboard)
- telematics applications for passenger and freight transport
- passengers with reduced mobility
As an Independent Safety Assessor (ISA) recognized by the National Safety Authority of Railways (ANSF) by decree of July 3rd 2014 No. 004637/2014, IIS CERT provides the following services:
- safety assessment for the Authorization to operate (AMIS)
- evaluation of the Safety Management System related to the "Safety Certificate"
- independent assessment in accordance with the Regulations on the common methods for security (352/2009/EC and 402/2013/EU)
- conformity assessment of spare parts for railway rolling stock as per Trenitalia Specifications
- evaluation of the Competence Management System for companies that perform maintenance of rolling stock for Trenitalia