Our Welding Processes Laboratory is a structure equipped with solutions for the automatic, mechanised and robotised welding, covering both fusion and solid state processes, with a specific branch fully dedicated to the Adhesive Bonding.
In the Welding Laboratory are available the following technologies:
- powder plasma transferred arc (PTA)
- submerged arc welding with square wave 1000 A power source
- robotised welding cell with GMAW-CMT, Fiber Laser (with 3 kW source) or Laser Hybrid
- solid state Friction Stir Welding (FSW) for aluminum / magnesium alloys, steels, nickel or titanium alloys
- automatic Laser CO2 (with 6 kW source)
In the Laboratory a special branch for the Adhesive Bonding is also available, equipped with manual and mechanised systems and with a wide range of industrial adhesives.