The EN ISO 3834 "Quality requirements for fusion welding of metallic materials" is a guide that establishes the quality requirements for the proper management of the manufacturing process, both in the workshop and on site, of any type of fusionwelded construction.
In order to ensure the required level of quality for the welded products and to optimize the costs of manufacture, the entire welding production process must be controlled from the arrival of the materials in the workshop. The standard ISO 3834 defines the requirements that manufacturers must meet to operate according to the standards of good manufacturing practice.
IIS CERT is accredited ISO IEC 17021 and ISO IEC 17065 by ACCREDIA for the certification of companies in accordance with the UNI EN ISO 3834, and is also the Italian National Body Authorised by the European Federation of Welding (EWF) and the International Institute of Welding (IIW) for granting the certification above, both as regards to quality, and to the aspects of safety and environment.
In fact, the EWF, has developed a dedicated system of certification of manufacturers (the "EWF manufacturers certification system for quality management, health and safety and environment in the welding fabrication".
EN ISO 3834, being applicable indipendently of the production contexts, finds its correct application in combination with many product standards, in which it is referred to. Among them:
- EN 15085 for the field of railway vehicle
- EN 1090 for metal structures civilians
- EN 13445 for pressure equipment
... And many more.
- In contractual situations: for the definition of the welding requirements; as a guideline for the testing / qualification of suppliers of welded products.
- for manufacturers in the development of quality requirements for welding.
- in management systems for Quality: as a guideline for the management of the "special process" welding; as integration of UNI EN ISO 9001.
- as part of the European directives (PED, CPD, etc)
Companies certified by IIS CERT according to EN ISO 3834 are inserted:
- List of Certified Companies published on our website;
- List of Certified Companies published on the website of the international EWF - European Welding Federation;
- List of Certified Companies published on the website Accredia (Undertakings for accreditation of certification bodies).